Two years ago, I went on my first personal retreat with God. The retreat lasted for three days. Throughout the period of the retreat I shut myself from the outside world. I was practically unreachable.
What pushed me to go for the retreat was because I felt like hearing God was becoming a struggle and spending more time with Him was becoming difficult. I was getting choked with the cares and worries of life.
Here I was in this large room all by myself trying to have a conversation with the only person that loves me more than I love myself. I thought the quiet environment would help..it didn’t. On my inside, it felt like the noise you hear in a market.
The noise from my inside was all over the room. The environment was quiet and yet my room was noisy. Then I cried out, ” Please, God…help me quiet my spirit ” instantly, all the noise ceased. It felt like the peace of God was all over me. There I learnt that you can be in a quiet environment and be noisy in yourself.
- Only God can help you in your Walk with Him?
- The worries of this life can choke you up and block your spiritual senses from hearing God’s voice. ( You should listen to my latest episode on the podcast on how to hear God’s voice)
- God is so much concerned about your growth than you are.
- God loves you so much. He won’t waste your time.
- No hard girl or boy with God. Just be a baby, He is your Daddy.